Hi! My name is Ms. Moore. Please join me while I travel to New Orleans to study Climate Change and Caterpillars!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

We Can Make a Difference


This time next week I will be on my way to join the Earthwatch team in New Orleans to study the impact of Climate Change on caterpillars. I will certainly miss all of you and our cozy downstairs classroom, but I am also excited about doing something to contribute to understanding and protecting the world we live in.

Since one of the goals of Earthwatch is to educate people about climate issues and sustainability (living in ways that protect the earth), it is a good time to join the conversations around the world on this topic. Did you know that today (October 15, 2009) bloggers around the world have posted information and conversations about climate change to get people thinking and talking?

I found one blog that I especially like because it is very positive and inspiring. There is a video on the site that I hope you will watch. (You may have to watch it at home since many video sites are blocked at school. Maybe your parents would be interested in watching the video with you.) Just click on the "Check this out!" link below to watch the video. Once you have watched the video, post a comment to tell me what YOU think. Do you think kids have the power to get involved and make the world a better place?

Check this out!

If you are in the lab with Mr. Stone, you might also want to use some of your lab time to look at some of the caterpillars that I will be looking for. The link is on the bottom of the post below this one (the one we looked at in class a few weeks ago.)

I have a little task for you regarding the caterpillars. Please look at few of them and tell me which one or ones you hope I will find. If I find that one or see it in the lab at Tulane University, I will get a picture of it for you if I can.

11 Comments:

At October 16, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous stone said...

We made it!

 
At October 16, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous R.H.C. 81 said...

1. a bayou (bahy-oo) is like a swamp

2.all types of insects, fish, amphibians, trees, reeds, and lily pads

3.a person who studies global prosesses, various habitats, and the balance of nature

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bayau is like a swamp

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous jed said...

a bayou is like a swamp w/ all types of animals.

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous TML said...

A bayou is a marshy slow moving body of water

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM , Anonymous TML said...

I think youl see swamp trees and lily pads

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Anonymous kd said...

a bayou is like a swamp with all typed of insects ,fish,lilly pads and other swamp animals.an ecoligist is a scientist that studies animals?

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous TML said...

An ecoligest studies a ecosestum and if somthings he figeres out why it happend

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous TML said...

i like the Arguies Vanilly

 
At October 16, 2009 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous jed said...

my favorate caterpillar is the stick caterpiller

 
At October 27, 2009 at 1:23 PM , Anonymous Aree said...

I cant wait to see tomorrow on the webcam. What types of catapillars have you seen??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home